Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Healthier & delicous Apple Crisp







   I just adore Fall. It is my favorite season......and even though I am early...for some reason I feel the need to bake through Fall and Christmas. I am not one that likes really sweet or sticky desserts...and I wanted something healthier. I tried this recipe and loved it....hope you will give it a try too!


3 medium apples cored and sliced thin ( you can remove skin if you want...I didn't)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons flour

Topping:

1 cup quick oats
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/4 brown sugar
2 tablespoons heart healthy margarine or butter

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees

Mix first 4 ingredients and place them into a 9 inch backing pan

In a small bowl mix topping ingredients until crumbly. Sprinkle over the apples

Bake for 30-40 minutes until apples are soft and topping is golden brown

No comments:

Post a Comment