Monday, January 28, 2013

My review of Veil of Pearls by MaryLu Tyndall

Here is my review (as promised) of Veil of Pearls by Christian Historical Fiction author MaryLu Tyndall.

I have to say this was hands-down my favorite book for 2012! I am a huge fan of historical christian fiction. Sometimes books can sound the same, or you can figure out the plot in the first few chapters. Veil of Pearls was very different. I related really well with the characters and appreciated watching God's mercy and love also move in the book. Even though the books are fiction....it does not mean they are not tools that minister to many people. I loved how MaryLu Tyndall showed through our flaws and failures God still loves us, forgives us, and is right with us..no matter what chains my hold us.
   I also got from the book...freedom...it doesn't matter what you need freedom from...something holds you..be it relationships, hurt, pain or self-doubt....and it will continue to hold you until you break free and give it all to God.
     This is a wonderful story of God's love, breaking bonds, and also helping us to answer many questions/choices we make in our lives. Thank you MaryLu for something different, something to challenge me and minister to me all at the same time!

I think you should give it a try. I know you can get it in e-book form or paperback at many online stores. I prefer to shop at christianbook.com . They also have MaryLu's newest book Forsaken Dreams for a great Pre-buy deal...only 6.99! It comes out in March. I just ordered mine....will of course leave my review for you guys...plus many other books I am reading.
  
  I still have to say that my favorite book to read is my Bible. I do enjoy Christian fiction, but
there is nothing that can replace God's Word. No matter how busy we may get in life....we should take time to close other books, silence our phone abd turn off electronics. We still need to spend time with God. How can He speak to us if we don't listen? And what examples we can be setting for our children too. We still need that family devotion time...and our alone time with the Lord too!

2 comments:

  1. Great review! I agree, nothing replaces the Bible for adventure, knowledge and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Debbie! I feel the same way....but sure glad christian fiction authors are doing such a wonderful job. I loved Marylu's book Veil of Pearls. It is my favorite...but looking forward to her newest release coming in March!

    ReplyDelete