Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Home

I have been on the road for the past 2 weeks. I told you about going for the mini-mission trip 2
weeks ago. Last week we went to WV for a revival. It was about 5 hours away from where we live. It was great! We met new people, had many salvations and several filled with the Holy Spirit. The church was small, but very friendly. They had a good mix of kids, teens, parents and grandparents. I know God is going to use them...they sure love Him very much!
  
  It feels so good to be home though. God really touched me during the revival and I am  so
thankful. It was nice to get a break from work and all of my church responsibilities and we didn't bring school work with us (we homeschool). We had services Wed-Sun morning...but I didn't have to teach etc. I did help sing though. I missed my church a lot. It is like my little family.

Home....such a comforting place. I am a person that does not generally like change. I like my day to
day routine, I like to know where I am going. I guess this is due to moving so much growing up. I often think how nice it would have been to be born and raised in the same area. To know everyone there, go to school with the same people etc. I have been blessed though...seeing many places, living in different areas and meeting so many different people. Coming home just feels good, even when you don't want to leave...just the first night back in your own bed....knowing everything is in its place...great feeling for me.

Lately I have felt even more.....this world isn't my home. I am not comfortable here. I cannot wait
to get out of here and be with the Lord. There was an old song my parents would play on a record....Lord, I want to go home. It sounds a little morbid if you don't understand what I am saying. I don't want to die...I just want to be with Jesus, to hear Him say "well done, thou good and faithful servant". I cannot imagine just being in His presence. I long for Him, to sit at His feet, to worship Him. To see those that have gone before me....and yet, I feel...not yet Lord. There are so many that are not ready...so many left to tell. Help me Lord to reach out to them while there is still time.

 Do you ever long to go home? Do you feel comfortable here? Are you ready to go when the
trumpet sounds? If not, it sure is easy to have Jesus come into your heart. He is what will make Heaven home. Not the place, but Him. All you have to do is ask Him to come into your heart, to forgive you of all the bad things you have done. Tell Him you believe that He died on the cross for you and that you believe He is in Heaven waiting for you. He loves you and wants you to come home with Him one day soon!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment